To help maintain the quality of life of persons with terminal illnesses such as cancer, for care givers and those who are grieving, by providing support, accompaniment and respite services at home.
Palliacco has had to cancel several activities due to COVID-19. Please see information below.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, people with cancer or another serious illness, end-of-life patients, families and caregivers as well as those living with loss need our support now more than ever. Palliacco continues to help the population of the MRCs of the Pays-d’en-Haut, the Laurentides and the south of Antoine-Labelle during the COVID-19 crisis.
If you or someone close to you has cancer, we know it’s particularly difficult for you right now. People with cancer are at higher risk during the COVID-19 epidemic. It is therefore essential that we do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and the pressure it puts on our health care system.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, we reiterate the services that are offered and that have been adapted to current circumstances:
– A telephone line at 1 855 717-9646 and an e-mail at email@example.com to reach us
– Psychosocial support by phone
– Respite and home support except for people at the end of life
– Individual and group meetings by videoconference
– Information on our various social media (Facebook and website)
– We will be producing video capsules for broadcast on our various social media (Facebook and website)
– Support for our volunteers
– Training at a distance for our volunteers
– Teleworking for all Palliacco workers
– Support for our partners, both public and community partners in the network.
We have had to put in place measures to comply with government directives:
– All people 70 years old and over can no longer volunteer within our organization, unless it is done from their home
– Any volunteer or employee who shows signs of infection must not go to a client’s home or to our offices and must contact 1 877 644-4545
– Any volunteer or employee returning from outside Quebec, or from another region, must isolate himself/herself for 14 days.
Palliacco has suspended the following services:
– Home support, except for end-of-life support
– Massage therapy at home
– Individual follow-ups at home or at our offices
– All activity groups
– Our presence at the oncology clinic: we have agreed to support the CISSS des Laurentides by providing volunteers or workers to ensure people wash their hands.
– All basic training: end of life and ongoing
– The volunteer recognition meeting scheduled for April 23
– Dr. Brian Goldman’s Palliacco lecture scheduled for April 26 in Saint-Sauveur
– The Rockettes pancake lunch scheduled for May 3.
• La Conception
• La Minerve
• Ville de Mont-Tremblant
• Ville de Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts
• La Macaza
“A fantastic service – Palliacco came to my rescue and allowed me a few hours to rejuvenate myself. Marvelous support system that gave me a tremendous amount of comfort.”
Penny Woodfine, Caregiver
« Quand on a fait appel à Palliacco on a senti le respect de ce qu’on vivait...on a écouté nos demandes et puis on a fini par trouver la personne idéale pour accompagner mon mari, en étant rassurée j’ai pu prendre du répit. »
- Proche aidante de Val-des-Lacs
« Merci! Je souhaite à toutes les personnes dans ce besoin de trouver des gens comme vous, humains, qui écoutent et comprennent. »
– Marie-Andrée Champoux, proche aidante
CANCELLATION CONFERENCE | Sunday, April 26 at 2 PM, Saint-Sauveur Church
The Power of Kindness: Why Empathy is Essential in Everyday Life, Healthcare and Palliative Care at Home
Speaker : Dr Brian Goldman, Canadian ER, author, speaker and radio personality.