Respite and support for parents of children affected by cancer
The family is at the heart of what we do
When a family experiences serious illness or bereavement and wonders how to deal with it, Palliacco is there to help!
We now provide new respite and support services for children, adolescents and their family.
Another step towards supporting all family members during difficult times!
This service is provided free of charge through donations from our generous partners.
Who is this service for?
– Children and adolescents with cancer, in palliative care or nearing the end of life, no matter what the illness.
– Grieving children and adolescents who have experienced or who may be anticipating the loss of a loved one.
– Family and those close to those grieving.
What are the services?
– Support for children and adolescents at the end of life and for their loved ones:
- Home support service, providing time to unwind and perhaps to just play or to have someone other than family to listen to their concerns.
This service is provided based on parents’ needs, mainly in blocks of 3 to 5 hours, days and evenings. For parents, our volunteers are also available during the night.
-Support for children and adolescents and their family who have experienced or who may be anticipating the loss of a loved one:
- Individual support to assist the child or adolescent during the difficult process of losing a loved one. Our support may be spread over six or seven sessions.
- Group support of 4 to 6 youths per group, to overcome isolation and, despite the difficulties, to recognize their similar experiences and help one another.
- Support service for parents or family members: Two different tool kits are available to help a parent or family member support a child during difficult times. Tips, articles and other resources are provided.
All these initiatives are aligned with the needs of the individual child or teenager, and are conducted with respect, caring, openness and trust.
This new service is supported by contributions from the Fondation Tremblant, the Fondation Choquette-Legault and Le Phare Enfants et Familles.
Thank you for your generous support ♥️ !